Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Question About Doll Care

  1. #1
    joelanddeborah
    Guest joelanddeborah's Avatar

    Question

    OK, so we've been having a fun year collecting dolls old, new and in between. Now, my question is, how do we best keep them beautiful? We have the "valuable" ones in cases. I especially want to know if there is any way to prevent silver eye, as we have three old Kirstens and three old Mollies. Does this ever happen to Felicity? It probably doesn't happen to Samantha, because her eyes are darker, right?

    Does anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Deborah

  2. #2
    Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2005
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I asked a similar question about silver eye about a week or two ago. Silver eye can happen to any premattel doll. It is considered a defect so they will replace their eyes for free, but then of course the eyese won't be premattel. To prevent silver eye make sure not to get their eyes wet or moist. I overheard at pleasant company that the best way to keep their hair clean and to keep t from becoming dry was to brush it the proper way once a week and always brush with the spritzer botle of water. (Start at the bottom of a small peice of hair and then work your way up) I know that the dolls limbs and head get shiny when handled a lot but if they are on display mostly only then I don't think that should be a problem. I hope this helps and you can PM me if you have any other ?s.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I do want to point out that Lissie does not ever get silver eye, and many PM Samantha's have decal eyes too and will not ever get silver eye. It's mostly caused by moisture, so just keep them in a nice dry place. I also always feel that there's only so much you can do, and you might as well enjoy your dolls. Maybe it's just me though. I don't have any display dolls, they're all play dolls [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by mayergirl:
    I do want to point out that Lissie does not ever get silver eye, and many PM Samantha's have decal eyes too and will not ever get silver eye.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So the new Samanthas DON'T have decal eyes? I was under the impression they all did.

  5. #5
    joelanddeborah
    Guest joelanddeborah's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks! Our climate is pretty dry--hopefully that will help.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by GreyMyst:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mayergirl:
    I do want to point out that Lissie does not ever get silver eye, and many PM Samantha's have decal eyes too and will not ever get silver eye.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So the new Samanthas DON'T have decal eyes? I was under the impression they all did.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know that there are a few Sams out there that have eyes like Josefina's which are not decal eyes, but I don't know about the ones being sold just this minute.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •